Founded in 2012, ONUG is an executive conference group and community of IT business leaders across many industry sectors. We are one of the largest industry user groups in the networking sector with board representation from Bank of America, BNY Mellon, Cigna, Citigroup, Credit Suisse, FedEx, Fidelity, Gap Inc., GE, Intuit, JPMorgan Chase, Morgan Stanley, Pfizer, TDAmeritrade, UBS and Yahoo.
ONUG is a fast growing, influential community dedicated to driving more choice and options for IT executives as they build out their cloud based, software-defined infrastructures to create greater business value. As ONUG prepares for its next major growth phase, it is in search of a senior IT sales executive for its semiannual conference in San Francisco and New York City as well as its soon-to-launch, online publication, the ONUG Journal. The ideal candidate must have trusted and respected conference sales contacts in major IT vendor marketing organizations, especially cloud providers, storage companies, and large, vertically integrated IT suppliers. The candidate must also have a minimum of ten years experience in executive conference sales, possess the ability to create new conference products/services, and present a proven track record of growing a conference into a major industry trade show. Competitive compensation package offered.
We are looking for an energetic, creative individual with an established sales reputation and track record who is excited to be in the driver’s seat during one of the largest industry transitions in more than thirty years. This candidate will engage and drive our executive high technology conference business to the next level.
The Senior Conference Sales Executive is responsible for driving revenue growth of ONUG and will assist in the planning and execution of all ONUG programs, including:
- – Conference demonstration sales and additional sales and sponsorship opportunities
- – ONUG Journal sales, including sponsorship packages
- – ONUG host company sponsorship sales
- – New service, product, and promotional development for both ONUG Conference and ONUG Journal
- – Budget development with chairmen, setting revenue and profit annual goals plus stretch goals
- – Custom pitches to large enterprise IT business leaders for bulk conference attendance sales
- – Competitive monitoring, tracking, and analyzing media coverage
- – Proactive development of new partnerships and relationships to drive broader ONUG engagement across all industries
This position will report to the Chairman.
- – Goal-oriented with 360 degrees of interest in business success
- – Sales reporting, logging, and fluent in Salesforce or other CRM systems
- – Ability to create budgets plus projections with actuals vs. budgets
- – Self-starter, highly motivated sales executive with ability to work as a member of a small team
- – Excellent writing and speaking skills
- – Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- – Deadline-oriented
- – Candidate must possess outstanding organizational skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- – Ability to multi-task and constantly re-evaluate and set priorities is a must
- – Bachelor of Science degree in business, marketing, etc
- – Ten years of B-to-B sales experience with a proven track record of sales growth
- – Previous experience working with business and IT conferences is a major plus
ONUG offers a culture of dedicated, motivated, highly skilled individuals who are driven to deliver superior solutions. If this sounds like your ideal environment we are eager to speak with you. Qualified candidates please send a resume, cover letter and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.