NTTi3 is showcasing a revolutionary Software-Defined WAN solution. In this PoC, we will address the following use cases:
- – Zero Touch Provisioning (ZTP): A single edge device, once plugged-in, calls home and configures itself with minimal to no configuration required physically on the site.
- – Virtual Private Network (VPN, Easy VPN): Set up site-to-site VPN without sending skilled engineers to remote locations
- – Hybrid WAN: Using multiple uplinks in an ACT-ACT manner, and steer application traffic based on policies such as network performance
- – Extensible Network Functions: Easily deploy virtual network functions (VNFS)
- – Local Internet breakout/vFirewall: Deploy virtual FW to the edge to offload internet traffic from the enterprise WAN. CLOUDWAN provides dynamic and centralized policy management in the cloud, and automatically distributes the policy to the edge
- – WAN Optimization: Deploy a virtual WAN optimization appliance to the edge to accelerate the traffic throughput. A typical global enterprise uses physical WAN optimization devices behind the CPE devices, which requires physical wiring on the customer’s premise.
- – Metrics and stats view via the CLOUDWAN dashboard, based on one of the ONUG top ten requirements; site application and VPN performance level dashboard reporting.