Leader in SD-WAN Validates Market Solutions for Top IT Requirements
ONUG Spring 2015, NEW YORK, May 13, 2015 – – VeloCloud Networks, Inc., a cloud-delivered SD-WAN (software-defined wide area network) company and winner of this year’s Best Startup of INTEROP Award, today announced that it successfully exceeded all Open Networking User Group (ONUG) SD-WAN tests. The SD-WAN Test results were announced at the ONUG Conference underway May 13-14 at Columbia University.
“Our success in ONUG’s landmark Top Ten requirements testing for SD-WAN is an important milestone demonstrating VeloCloud’s SD-WAN solution alignment with the needs of enterprises,” said Sanjay Uppal, CEO and co-founder of VeloCloud. “As the Cloud-Delivered SD-WAN leader, we are committed to working closely with ONUG and the IT community to accelerate the adoption of secure and innovative technologies that dramatically improve the economics, performance and security of enterprise applications.”
“These tests underscore our commitment to the ONUG community of IT executives and vendors to validate product features that meet IT business leader requirements for enterprise cloud infrastructure,” said Nick Lippis, chairman and co-founder of ONUG. “We are confident that this testing effort with companies such as VeloCloud will assist in moving the open infrastructure industry from technology curiosity to operations.”
VeloCloud Exceeds ONUG SD-WAN Test Requirements
By performing beyond ONUG SD-WAN test criteria, VeloCloud gives organizations the confidence to adopt a secure Cloud-Delivered SD-WAN solution in their network deployments. VeloCloud delivers the key advantages that maximize the benefits enterprises receive for the following use cases:
– Application aware dynamic traffic engineering: VeloCloud’s technology steers around circuit blackouts and performance brownouts without application interruption.
– Physical or virtual form factors: The VeloCloud solution is available both as appliances optimized for simplicity of deployment and as virtual or software appliances for remote download onto commodity hardware. Additionally, the datacenter deployment is also available as a network-as-a-service for cloud connectivity.
– Zero touch deployment and operations: The VeloCloud solution minimizes configuration of the branch device as well as existing devices, with group policies pulled from the orchestrator and flexible L2/L3 insertion.
VeloCloud’s solution also supports additional use case requirements that enterprises and service providers have, providing for a very scalable and secure SD-WAN solution.
– Enable enterprise grade WAN to Internet only branches with per packet dynamic steering and on-demand remediation
– Optimize access to cloud datacenters and SaaS applications with our cloud as a network
– Connect to legacy enterprise datacenters with no device/software installation
– Enable service provider delivery of SD-WAN solution with multi-tenant Gateways and Orchestrator
– Leverage third party network services either in the branch or in the cloud with one-click services insertion
Read our blog for details on VeloCloud’s key advantages at www.velocloud.com/velocloud-passes-onug-top-ten-sd-wan-use-cases
ONUG SD-WAN Testing
The ONUG use-case validation testing is the first time that commercial SD-WAN solutions have been tested against requirements outlined by the ONUG Working Groups. This extensive testing process, which lasted three months, was conducted by Ixia, an independent network testing service, in conjunction with ONUG. The ONUG tests aim to provide proof of concepts, feature validation and demonstrations to ensure that the networking solutions in the network overlays, SD-WAN and network services virtualization areas deliver on the top 10 requirements developed by the ONUG Working Groups.
ONUG Working Groups
ONUG’s six current working groups represent the centerpiece of the IT community’s work toward bringing software-defined networking (SDN) to the larger networking industry. ONUG kicked off its initial three working groups—focused on Virtual Networks/Overlays, Network Services Virtualization and Software-Defined Wide Area Network (SD-WAN)—in the spring of 2014 to develop use cases and associated requirements. Headed by members of the ONUG Board and top IT business leaders, the working groups represent user-driven rather than vendor-led capabilities.
To see the full, official testing report for the SD-WAN working group, visit
ONUG is the leading user-driven community of IT executives focused on leveraging the power of their engineering and procurement to influence the pace and deployment of open networking solutions. The ONUG Board is composed of IT leaders from Bank of America, Cigna, Citigroup, Credit Suisse, FedEx, Fidelity Investments, Gap Inc., JPMorgan Chase, the Lippis Report, Morgan Stanley, Pfizer, Symantec and UBS. For more on ONUG, go to http://www.onug.net or follow us on Twitter @ONUG_.
VeloCloud, the secure cloud-delivered SD-WAN company and winner of this year’s Best Startup of INTEROP Award, simplifies branch WAN networking by automating deployment and improving performance over private, broadband Internet and LTE links for today’s increasingly distributed enterprises. VeloCloud is the first to provide all three elements needed to achieve a cloud-delivered SD-WAN: a cloud network for enterprise-grade connection to cloud and enterprise applications; software-defined control and automation; and virtual services delivery. VeloCloud has received financing from investors that include The Fabric, NEA and Venrock. VeloCloud has its headquarters in Mountain View, Calif., with a development center in Chennai, India. For more information, visit http://www.velocloud.com and follow the company on Twitter @VeloCloud.