9:00 am - 4:00 pm, October 22
Length: 7 hour(s)
Kubernetes is a popular cloud-native open-source orchestration platform for container management, scaling and automated deployment. It includes a rich set of features such as service discovery, multi-tenancy, stateful containers, resource usage monitoring, and rolling updates. This workshop will get you started with operating a managed Kubernetes cluster on AWS using Amazon Elastic Container Service for Kubernetes (Amazon EKS). In addition, it also explains how to deploy applications to this cluster.
Some of the questions that will be covered in this workshop are:
· How do we create and manage a Kubernetes cluster?
· How an application is mapped to Kubernetes abstractions?
· How does service discovery work between different applications?
· How to scale, generate logs and monitor an application?
· How to create a CI/CD pipeline? – How do we integrate with tools such as Maven?
· How applications can store configuration data and secrets? (edited)